Enhanced Automatic Train Control (E-ATC)
Automatically preventing incidents before they occur.
Combining the power ATC with enhanced features
E-ATC blends the automatic train control (ATC) system with enhanced features to achieve PTC's core functionality. It's often integrated with underlying cab signal systems (CSS), centralized traffic control (CTC) and other signal or train control system enhancements.
Benefits of PTC
- Intercepts potential train collisions
- Stops derailments caused by excessive speed
- Halts unauthorized incursions by trains into work zones where maintenance is happening
- Prevents trains from moving through a track switch that's been left in the wrong position
Tracsis E-ATC Office Segment Benefits
- As the PTC system automatically integrates with dispatch workflow via DOC System Forms, there are no manual steps involved
- This direct integration also means a second TSR console isn't required either
- Simplified Training-Single System
- Proven Experience with PTC, Integration, and Wayside
- Tracsis DOC system provides the Office Segment of the E-ATC PTC system.
- The PTC user interface through the DOC system allows the operator to issue common rule set forms to request PTC Temporary Speed Restrictions (TSR) and Mandatory Directives (MD)